Buying a home is a very exciting time. It can also be stressful making sure that you are investing in a house that is right for your family. To ensure that you are buying the best home that will fit all of your needs, keep these home buying tips in mind.
- Check out the roof. Roofs are fairly expensive to repair or replace. Make sure to ask when the roof was installed, and check for any problems when you are looking at potential homes.
- Look past the paint. Paint is one of the easiest fixes that you can make to a home. Do not be discouraged by the color of the rooms in the house. Make sure to focus on bigger structural issues that may need to be fixed rather than the paint.
- Do you need a sweater? If you are too hot or too cold when you are looking at a home, chances are that it means that the heating or air conditioning will need to be replaced soon.
- Know your deal breakers. While there are many things you probably want in a house, make sure that you know what you need. If you need at least four bedrooms, do not think that spending less money on a two bedroom house will work for your family.
- Consider the size. Although a five bedroom house may seem tempting when you only need a three bedroom house, make sure that you are ready for all the responsibilities that go along with a bigger house. Think about the cost to heat and cool a house of that size, as well as what it will take to keep the home clean.
For all of your bay area home buying needs, contact Andraya Coulter. As a home lending expert in the Bay Area, I can help to make sure that you buy the home of your dreams that your whole family will enjoy.