From renter to homeowner – Ensure the process goes smoothly.
There are few things in life that are as exciting as getting the keys to your first home. You’ve made the switch from renter to homeowner. You can paint the walls whatever color you’d like. You can make changes to the kitchen and yard. If you’re getting ready to purchase your first property, here are some tips to help ensure that the process is a smooth one!
- Don’t forget to review your budget regularly to ensure you’re staying on track. Avoid looking at homes above and beyond what you can realistically afford.
- Include enough money to cover closing costs and unexpected fees that may occur in the transaction.
- Understand whether your property has HOA fees – and know what the HOA coverages.
- Prepare for a crisis moment. Most transactions are not smooth – be ready for anything to happen.
- Work with professionals in your area – everyone from the realtor, lenders, inspectors, and contractors.
- Don’t purchase a car or apply for new credit when you’re in the middle of buying a home.
- Schedule an inspection immediately.
- Don’t look at new homes that come on the market unless you feel that your current home deal may fall through.
When you are looking to purchase a home, make sure you enlist the help of Andraya Coulter to find the best home loan to fit your needs and your budget. I assist California and Texas with all their home loan needs. Contact me to get started today!