Let’s Ask The Home Builders!
When it comes to buying a home, many house hunters have to make a decision between purchasing a newly constructed home verses one that has already fulfilled the needs of another family. Since times are changing, it is important that you ask home builders what features are a must in their new construction projects and which they are leaving behind, as this allows you to make an informed decision regarding your homeownership journey.
When the National Association of Home Builders conducted a survey to answer this important question, they found a trend amongst new home features. These are their results:
If you are considering the purchase of a newly constructed home in 2015, the following features will likely be included:
- Who doesn’t love a walk-in closet? Well, we can expect new homes to have a walk-in closet in the master bedroom, providing homeowners with maximized luxury.
- We can also expect a separate laundry room where cleaning products and appliances can be secluded to one area of the home.
- With new energy efficiency standards put in place, nearly all newly constructed homes can expect to be equipped with energy-star rated appliances.
- Likewise, programmable thermostats will likely be found in all new 2015 homes, as they provide homeowners with the ability to control their utility costs and be more mindful of their energy usage.
- Low emission windows are also expected to make an appearance in new homes, showing that energy efficiency is becoming more and more important.
- To help homeowners share their amazing space, home builders are including a guest room in nearly all new constructions.
For all of your Bay Area real estate needs, contact Andraya Coulter in Pleasanton. Serving Northern California, I am plugged into the community and am here to help you find your dream home. Allow me to be your guiding hand in obtaining the mortgage that will allow you to continue your homeownership journey.