Times are rapidly changing, and as the world tries to keep moving forward, we must adapt to new and measures. Fortunately, most of what we were once able to do is still possible – with some altercations. If you’re looking to purchase a new house, you may not be able to view the property in person, but able to view it on video chat. As video call home tours surge in popularity, it’s not always clear what the standard procedure should be. Take a look at these essential questions to ask when viewing a property online.
Questions to ask your real estate agent before viewing a home over video call:
- Is there a floorplan I can reference during the tour? This can help you get a better sense of the size and layout of rooms as your agent shows you what they’re like in real-time.
- If there are network issues, can you record a video and send it to me instead? Be clear about which home features or rooms you’d like to focus on and where to show multiple angles.
Questions to ask during your video call of a home tour:
- Do any of the features or surfaces look worn or damaged?
- What are the noise levels like inside and outside of the home?
- Can you open the curtains or blinds so I can see all possible views?
- How old are the kitchen appliances?
- What direction is the house facing?
- How close by are the neighbors’ homes?
- Can you hear any creaks when walking on the floors?
- What is the landscaping like?
- Do you notice any odors inside or outside the home that are unusual?
- In what condition is the roof?
Don’t be afraid to ask the agent to give you a thorough tour of the home before you make a decision.
When you are looking to purchase a home, make sure you enlist the help of Andraya Coulter to find the best home loan to fit your needs and your budget. I assist California and Texas with all their home loan needs. Contact me to get started today!